- Last week we launched a new series featuring Pro WorshipDrummers. Tomorrow we’ll hear from Paul Baloche’s drummer, Carl Albrecht. Be sure the check it out!
- We successfully handled our first blog giveaway for the Tempo iPhone App. Winners, let us know how you’re liking it.
- Yesterday (Sunday) was Mother’s Day. To be honest, it’s never really been the same for me since my mom died in 2005. However, I am grateful for the legacy that she left for us (Mothers have huge influence in the home/family. On top of that, God has given me an amazing wife, mother-in-law, and step-mother.
- For worship, our church had mothers and their children participate as the worship team and choir. I played drums (to bring some experience?!?). Regardless, I had a cool discovery. As we were practicing I noticed that whenever I’d start playing, the 12 year old bass player would glance at my feet and then lock in his bass groove with my kick. I was excited and surprised that he had the know-how to do this. I was right when I assumed he was taking bass lessons and I assured him he had a good teacher and that he should keep at it!
- On a personal note, I didn’t feel too confortable playing on my church’s kit. It’s a bigger kit than I’m used to playing and the space was a little tight for my liking. Gotta have more focus and work on adapting better.
- Check out the drum cover for Hillsong United’s Rhythms of Grace from Stacey, one of our very own WorshipDrummers.
- So let’s hear how your week went. What did you/your church do for Mother’s Day? What’s the latest and greatest?