Earlier today I tweeted that I didn’t feel like blogging. For no particular reason at all, I had a really rough night with little sleep. I was up at 3:30am and never really made it back to sleep. As much as I love Mull Over Mondays and hearing how your week went, I just didn’t feel like writing this post.
So what changed?
I was out doing groceries and I witnessed a dog-owner bending down with a plastic bag over their hand to pick up their dog’s poop. I’m glad it’s the law here in Ontario (since I’ve had to dodge a few mounds in my lifetime) but I find this to be so ridiculous. I mean, were we ever really made to walk a dog and pick up its poop? It’s almost as if we are slaves to the dogs. Well, not me! I’d rather play and talk drums!!!
Here are some cool things to note on this cloudy and wet Monday:
- I had a busy weekend and didn’t play any drums.
- Had a conversation with some great musicians. Talked about how important feel and dynamics are in a musical worship setting.
- We have a sweet giveaway for 2 drums/percussion instructional DVDs from Integrity Music going on right now.
- Tonight I am going to see Gungor in concert. I’ve been looking forward to this for a while now.
- Modern Drummer Festival is coming up soon. Are any of you going?
- Have you ever heard of the Montreal Drum Fest? I’m considering making the trip to my hometown this awesome event.
So what’s the latest in your world? What have you been up to? Have you been using your Tempo iPhone Apps? Share in the comments!