My name is Jon and I am a worship drummer. In November 2010 I had this dream of starting a blog for worship drummers – a place where we could share, interact, and grow together. Since then, I’ve been busy reaching out to drummers and sharing the heart and vision for WorshipDrummer.com.
Since March 9, 2011, WorshipDrummer.com has been a pioneer in the worship drumming community offering interviews, articles, event journals, gear reviews and giveaways.
Today, WorshipDrummer is known around the world and has a network that spans across North America, Europe/UK, Asia Pacific, and beyond! Even though we’ve grown and matured along the way, our heart has always and will always be for the local church. We have connections to bring you behind the scenes with some of the biggest churches but choose to approach all of it with you, the local church drummer, in mind.
Our vision is to be the #1 digital resource that equips, encourages, and inspires the local church drummer. To effectively do this means that we need to be around a long time, and that’s our heart. We’re in it for the long haul, so we’re less interested in the sprint (although sometimes it’s necessary) and more interested in joining you for the marathon.
Who/What is a Worship Drummer?
Simply stated, a worship drummer is someone who puts the heart before the beat. Without this distinction, we would just be drummers. As worship drummers, we have a whole other responsibility which is of no bearing in secular music — the heart of a worshiper:
- We play for an audience of One
- We lift the name of Jesus above any/all names (yes, even our band’s name)
- We wage war with the unseen world
- We follow the leading of the Holy Spirit (and the worship leader, of course)
I know it’s sometimes a struggle to be humble and serve, while at the same time being in the spotlight and being applauded by hundreds and sometimes thousands of people.. Let’s come together and challenge one another to a higher standard of living and playing.
What can you expect to find on WorshipDrummer.com?
I aim to post fresh content 1-2 times per week, keeping it constant but not overwhelming. You’ll always find relevant information pertaining to what we do as worship drummers. You’ll find anything from new drum apps and tips and tricks, to hot drumming videos and guest posts from other drummers (want to contribute?).
If I’m doing a review of a certain product, app, or service, I will always be sure to give my true and honest opinion. As my fellow worship drummers, you are my highest priority and I will never compromise that. My goal is to build a relationship of trust, and as such, I will never promote or endorse any products or services that I myself don’t use or believe in. If I’m writing about it, it’s more than likely that I’ve fallen in love with it. In other words: if I love it, you’ll know.
Episode 029 – Creating The Air Throne with Joe Volk, John Paul Gentile, and Bobby StrandMay 30, 2019
Episode 028 – A look into Highlands Worship with Josiah Tickell and Luke VogelMay 8, 2019
Episode 027 – Drumming, Daily Disciplines, and Playing Through Pain with Brian Beihl from Big Daddy Weave.April 9, 2019
Episode 024 – Jonathan Camey: Tragedy To Triumph And Drumming at Lakewood ChurchJanuary 3, 2019
If you are just joining us or if you want to see some highlights, here are a few posts which you should definitely read:
- 20 Christmas Gift Ideas That Will Make Any Drummer Drool!
- You’ll Suck as a Drummer Unless You Start Using A Metronome!
- Pro WorshipDrummer Series
- 4 Simple Ways to Improve Your Speed as a Drummer
- 5 Things You Need To Do to Renew A Heart That Is Dry
- 5 Things To Consider When Playing Drums For A Guest Worship Leader
To help cover costs of hosting, domain name, giveaways, etc…, worshipdrummer.com may experiment with ads and ad networks that are relevant to our community and also employs the use of affiliate links including, but not limited to Amazon affiliate links. To know more, please read the Disclosure Policy.
We’ve got more than a few options for you to stay in the loop without even visiting the site!
SUBSCRIBE (RSS & EMAIL):
Here are two options for you:
- Subscribe via RSS — Served by FeedBurner, you’ll be able to get posts right into the RSS Reader of your choice (We like Feedly)!
- Subscribe via Email — Also served by FeedBurner, you’ll get updates with our posts straight in your inbox.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter — Subscribe to receive important updates and contest notices.
STAY CONNECTED (Social Links):
Here are two more ways we can connect (because everyone loves social media):
- Follow us on Twitter — Here, we’ll post links, pics, quotes, and thoughts on the fly.
- Like us on Facebook — Who doesn’t have Facebook? Let’s connect!
- Follow us on Instagram — Make sure to tag us and use the #worshipdrummer and #HeartBeforeBeat hashtag
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel — We post Reviews, Interviews and Drum Covers.