We are so stoked to release this Anniversary Edition episode as we celebrate full-on with you, our worship drummer family! For this episode we wanted to switch things up a bit and so we turned the tables around so that we all finally get to hear from our very own, Jon Manna.
For this, we arranged for the awesome and gifted Rebecca Laramée, founder of Cotton Words (non-profit org), to sit with Jon over a coffee and let her take the conversation wherever she wanted.
What ensued was an interesting conversation that takes us back to some of Worship Drummer’s earliest days, touching on different aspects from the last 5 years, and looking forward to what the future can look like.
Thanks for celebrating with us! We love you!
Stay tuned after the jump for the giveaway! #wor5shipdrummer
In This Episode:
- Birthday shoutouts from some friends
- Jon’s journey to being a drummer
- The Basement Apartment: Worship Drummer’s inception and how it all came about!
- The website, design, and attending “Hack School”!
- Finding time and the motivation to do this. #thestruggleisreal
- Some surprises along the way in our first 5 years
- What kind of support do you
- Highlights and Challenges.
- Your questions from social media
- Live events/clinics?
- Headphones or earphones?
- Anything we can do to lift up the worship atmosphere?
- Thoughts on “tom players” and putting drummers in a corner behind a shield?
- How do you help your drummer listen to the band and not just himself?
- What was your mission and vision in starting worshipdrummer?
- Vision for the next 5 years (We’ll be 10 years old)
- Final word of advice for worship drummers
Links or Resources Mentioned
- Carter Beauford – Dave Matthews Band
- Montreal Drum Fest
- Carl Albrecht’s first blog post
- Jared Henderson – interview.
- Interview with Mike Webber and Andy Harrison
- Backstage with Calvin Rodgers
- Evans Drumheads and Promark Drumsticks
- Our first massive Christmas giveaway
- Heartbeat Percussion
- Donate a coffe?
- Josiah was born
- Worship Drummer Merch Shop
The Big Giveaway Announcement
We are THRILLED to announce that we partnered with Salt Drums to giveaway what we’re calling the custom built Anniversary Edition Worship Drummer Snare Drum.
Here are the specs:
- 14×6 Maple – Graphic Series Finish
- Worship Drummer logo with black to white fade
- Maple 10.0 with Dry-Cut Edges
- Trick Throw, Tube Lugs, and 3mm S hoops
Open to all residents worldwide.
Contest will close on Monday, March 14 at 6PM EST. One winner will be selected by random.org and contacted via email.
Winner will be required to provide full mailing address (no P.O. Box) and respond within 48 hours, otherwise a new winner will be selected via random.org.
The snare will be shipped directly from our giveaway sponsor, Salt Drums.
Best of luck!