Brad over at churchmediadesign.tv shared the process of how he made his own drum enclosure for the church.
Notes about the DIY enclosure
- The aluminium frame was all 90 degree angled pieces
- The lexan(polycarbonate) was sandwiched between the angled frame and aluminum strips using nuts and bolts
- The other side of the frame was bolted to the floor(drum riser)
- Lexan Thickness: 1/4 inch
- Adding a roof to your enclosure has a huge impact of reducing volume
- Enclosures get warm, we installed an exhaust fan to help reduce heat
- With any drum enclosure watch directions on cleaning and maintenance of the glass so that you don’t scratch the surface or cause damage.
For links and more info visit ChurchMediaDesign.TV