We’ve been holding on to this one for a while now and are stoked to finally release part 1 of our interview with Travis Nunn. We’ve heard him play live here in Toronto on the Chris Tomlin tour a few years back and albeit a looong worship set, Travis’ playing was incredibly solid and tasty from start to finish, not to mention his never ending supply of stamina!
What’s In This Video
Here are the questions and topics that we cover in part 1:
- Background and history
- How did you become a Christian?
- What was it like watching things skyrocket with Chris Tomlin?
- What is Paul Mabury’s involvement on the albums that you’re recording?
- What is some advice you’d give to drummers who are looking to go in the studio?
Part 1 with Travis Nunn
Something that stands out from this interview is Travis’ approach to going into the studio:
- Be as open-minded as possible
- Be as humble as possible
- Take all the correction/constructive criticism and learn from it
Why? Because the live touch is way different than the studio touch!
What were some of the takeaways for you? Leave them in the comments and let’s get some discussion going on!