Josh Fisher – Jesus Culture
It’s been a long time coming, but we’re so excited to share this episode with you. We had a fascinating conversation with Josh Fisher of Jesus Culture and we dive into some pretty deep thoughts. Grab your favourite cup of coffee or tea, sit back, and enjoy episode 013 of the podcast.
In This Episode
- Starting out with Jesus Culture
- How Josh and Chris Quilala hit it off.
- Discover how Josh figured out how to learn a brand new song and somehow remember it 5 minutes later
- Playing with his left hand while writing notes with his right hand. Dance (old version)
- What influences and drummers have influenced your playing/style? (Down music memory lane)
- Top fav worshipdrummers
- Josh’s personal view on the tech side of music and why he’s not too into it.
- Josh’s recent move to Nashville
- One piece of advice for you!
Quotes[tweet_box design=”default”]Worship Leader tip: Give your drummer the smallest amount of info, but the most important/helpful info.[/tweet_box]
[tweet_box design=”default”]In the end, saying YES to a random event, led me to record on the How He Loves record.[/tweet_box]
Drive 30 miles outside of the city. Find the most random gas station. Go in and if there’s a guy playing guitar in there and he’s better than you, then don’t move to nashville.
[tweet_box design=”default”]The Two most important things: How does the song start, and when do I come in![/tweet_box]
Ian is the Ableton poster child these days!
[tweet_box design=”default”]I learned almost everything I know about feel from some of those old tunes[/tweet_box]
Simon [Kobler] does a bunch of stuff that just “got me!” It sounded simple and easy, but then try to play it! He was playing 3 and 4 different parts at the same time!
[tweet_box design=”default”]I used to record songs off the radio onto a cassette tape and play to oldies[/tweet_box] [tweet_box design=”default”]If the Holy Spirit is doing something in anyone, I want to be able to see that and respond[/tweet_box]
Figure out and learn how to practice to get better. Ask: what do i need to learn, and how do i teach that to myself?
- Jesus Culture
- Josh Fisher – Instagram
- Petra, Ken Tamplin
- Lars Ulrich from (Metallic)
- Carter Beauford (Dave Matthews Band)
- Simon Kobler (Hillsong United)
- Harri J. Wood (Hillsong Worship)
- Austin Davis (Kari Jobe)
- Jacob Arnold (Matt Redman)
- Aaron Battle (Britt Nicole)